Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

7.09.2011

Life as of Lately

wow life has been a little crazy aroumd here! I was planning on having until august off of work but I foumd out that my short term disability didn't get approved so I started work again on July 3rd. It has been quiet the adjustmentt! Joey's schedule changed so he now works  Monday thru Friday from 5am-1:30pm and I work Sunday thru Thursday from 1:30pm-10:00pm. We meet at work hand off the baby and then see each other 8 hours later.It makes for super long days, and it's not fun never seeing each other, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! I'm just grateful we both have jobs and that we don't have to take Brooklyn to a daycare or have to pay to have someone watch her all day! Now she just gets quality time with both mom and dad!!
Joey and Brooklyn my first day back to work
Our Happy baby!!

I started work on the 3rd but had the Fourth off! We didn't do much just cause it was so hot and we didn't want to take Brookie out to deal with all the people. We went to Joey's parents house and watched a movie and then did fireworks and watched Huntington city fireworks. It ended up being a great, low key, nice and relaxing day!
Brooklyn and I watching fireworks, which Joey was lighting. She couldn't really tell what was going on, but she was looking towards the flashing lights and just staring.  
Fire works, This year for the firework show we did ourselves we got some of the arieal fireworks since they are legal this year, and they were way cool! Next year we decided if they are still legal, we are just going to get a crap load of them and have the greatest show ever! lol
Us after fireworks! :)

Brookie and I in our Red, White, and Blue :)

Well along with everything else that is going on, our baby girl is growning up WAY TOO FAST!!! She is now 5 weeks old! (I'll post her one month pictures that we took soon) She is getting such a personality! She giggles and smiles so much!! She is such a good baby and we are so glad she is ours! It sure feels like she has been with us longer than 5 weeks! I just can't imagine life without her! This weekend we get to have some girl time while Joey is camping! It's been fun, and nice to have someone home with me so i'm not alone! We have watched movies and painted our toe nails and Just enjoyed being with each other ALL day!
We might have some crazy long days, but we are enjoying every minute of everyday!! Especially the ones spent with this cutie!!

2 comments:

The Everitts said...

Motherhood looks good on you :)

Anaelay said...

Lovin' your 4th of July shirt! She already looks so much older than when I saw her last. Way to cute!