THE HUNT IS NOW OVER!!!! Joey shot a deer! The hunt started on Wednesday and goes until next Thursday, but ended for me yesterday! Joey's brother Jason came up to hunt with Joey.... we had quite the exciting few days! On wednesday they spotted a deer that was shooting material... so they sneeked out into a hay field and while they were sneeking the buck countiuned down river. Later that afternoon we spotted another shooter... in another field that they had to sneek down into. After a couple of hours later, we got a phone call saying he only looks big from up there and is a tiny little thing. BUMMER!! They next morning I drove the boys down to the first hay field at 5:30 and dropped them off so they could go wait for the deer to travel the path and hopefully see a shooter! NEGATIVE! 4 hours later i get the come and get us phone call.... DOUBLE BUMMER!!! After driving around later that night and early morning of the next day we FINALLY got one! and I GOT TO SEE HIM SHOOT IT! It is a two point with a massive body! Come to find out this deer is about 10 years old... he only had four front bottom teeth left and most likely wouldn't have made it through the winter!
Don't mind the fact that my eyes are closed (Still having eye troubles)
Joey, Jason and the deer
Me and the deer
Joey way excited about his deer!
Now the story behind this picture took a lot of gut on my part... I'm not a big raw meat kinda girl! The Butcher here in Huntington woudln't take the meat to cut because he didn't have any cutters, so we had to do it ourself! My first thought was EWWW how am I going to do this!! I've never cut up a stinky deer before in my life! I have no idea how to do this! So after pep talking myself up and just grabbing a piece (trying not to think about what I was doing) I went to town an 1 1/2 hours later had the whole deer cut up! I was proud of myself for doing it... But next year... we are visiting the butcher!! No questions asked!!

7 comments:
You're such a good wife! I wouldn't even go near where Martin and his dad were cutting up their elk.
WOW!! You got skills....mad skills...and a whole lot of love! I sure love you and it was so good to see you the other day! Thanks for stopping by!
You look so cute in the hunting outfit!! You are one brave/nice wife to cut up that meat.... gross!!!
So is your eye better now?
Wow, you are my hero! Cody's hunt is just getting ready to start so I'll be doing that soon. Especially since Cody can't. Can't wait to see you guys for the hunt!
{So I changed things up a bit with the bloggy, let me know if you didn't get the invite.}
Go Lara, I am mighty impressed....
Post a Comment