Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

7.02.2010

AcCoMpLiShMeNtS

Maybe it comes with being older, and feeling like I have a new year ahead of me, but I've had the urge to be more accomplished I guess you could say. I've set many goals throughout my life and have really struggled to accomplish them. So at the start of June Joeys parents challenged us to read the Book of Mormon before his little brother gets home from his mission. I really wanted to do this because I've made many attempts at reading the Book of Mormon but haven't finished... so I was bound and determinded to complete it this time in under a month. It took a couple of days to get my butt in gear, but I finally started on the 6th of June!! My goal is to finish it by the 4th of July and I finished today (July 2)! Not only do I have a sense of accomplishment, I have a greater love for the gospel! The scriptures are so powerful! I've had a hard time putting it down at times because I've gotten so drawn in! I honestly can say that I can't wait to start all over again and again and again! :D
Now call me crazy but I've always wanted to be a runner! I don't know why! I have always enjoyed running but have had a hard time consistantly running, so during my 21st year, I'm going to run every week day-- so every Monday thru Friday (differing maybe depending on weather). Thats 262 days! I'm a night runner, so my sweet husband doesn't want me to run alone at night, so he has been running with me every night so that I can accomplish MY goal! He really is the greatest! Which brings me to one more thing I would like to accomplish during my 21st year... I want to be a better wife! Sometimes the days I work are long and I get home late, so i'm short with him and not very patience! So I want to be more patience and willing to do more with him! Life just gets so crazy and all I want to do is sleep and I forget about the importance of spending time together! So between now and when i'm 22, I want to look back and honestly say that I was a better Wife! I Love you babe! I want to enjoy the little things, not be so stressed about the worldly things, learn to sew, try new recipies and Just enjoy life! Those are the goals i'm working on! I've had a sense of accomplishment already and it feels GREAT! What are some of the things you are accomplishing?!

2 comments:

Kaylene said...

Lara, You are truly inspiring!!! So proud of you and love to hear about your new goals. I am going to organize all the important papers (investments, insurances, wills etc.) this next year and exercise three times a week and learn how to BLOG HELP PLEASE!! Love you! Mom

Joey Bernard said...

BABE YOU ARE THE BEST WIFE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR FINISHING THE BOOK OF MORMON AGAIN!!!! AND YES THE RUNNING DOES ME GOOD TOO!!!!! LOVE YOU ANGEL!!!!!!!