Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

3.04.2010

Oh The Places You'll Go!

Well as of lately life has thrown some big decisions at us.... Where to continue school, stay here or go sell, if we stay here what do we do? Oh what to do, what to do.... As I have gone back and fourth, Yes we are going to go this summer, No we are going to stay here some things have been put into persective.... First, Its not always about money! I know that If we were to go this summer we would make a lot more money then we would if we stay here. But then I take a step back and think of all the things that Joey could accomplish this summer, He could get his shadowing hours done and his service hours... then he wouldn't have to worry about it while at school....plenty of study hours for the DAT test and He got a private scholarship offer...  I got offered full time at work with benefits.... second, You don't always get what you want, or what you think you need! I was bound and determined that no matter what, we were going out this summer so I could see my friends and hang out with them... but its not all about me! I had to take another step back and think about what would be best for both Joey and I together as a couple. Third, Family is important! As we move closer to going to dental school we will be living out of state for 4 years or so.... being close to them now is a true blessing! We want to be able to spend as much time with them as we can before we move! Finally I have truely come to believe that God has a plan for us! It has been a tough decision making process for us going back and fourth, and back and fourth with many many prayers! We have had many wonderful oportunities layed out in front of us and our prayers have been answered! How could we not know what we are supposed to do..... So family and friends the decisions have been made..... we will be STAYING here this summer, I'll be working full time at Sorensons and Joey will be job shadowing a dentist in Helper! When school starts we will find ourselves in Price for another year and next spring Joey will be applying for dental school! YAY!!! We will miss our friends and being somewhere new for the summer, but we both feel this is where we are supposed to be right now, and that is reassuring!

7 comments:

Lace and Joe said...

Good for you guys!!! Joe and I had decided a long time ago that we were not going to go out again. The benefits part was a major factor!!! I hope you are having a good day! Any idea on where you guys are going to go for Dental School?

Melissa robison said...

I vote YAY!

Anaelay said...

Me too!! I'm glad you will both be here and we can play. Love you and thanks for the reminder of the important things that you learned along the way. I needed them!

Magdalena said...

I will miss you friend!

Mel Bernard said...

I know you have struggled back in forth... I am happy you made a desicion you are happy with it!!! Yeah or us for getting to keep you awhile longer!! Love ya!!

Kaylene said...

Thanks for sharing the perspectives you and Joey have learned. It helps all of us!! Had so much fun this weekend, hope to share many more with you both. Thanks for going dress shopping!! Love you, Mom

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

sad your not coming but happy you made the best decision for the both of you. if you can make it to my baby shower it would be so good to see you and mags, katie and polly will be there too! take care lara