So this year was my very very very first year to experience hunting!! Let me tell you it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be until we got a deer!!! Then it stunk and well... you can imagine!! The deer Joey shot this year was the biggest deer he has ever shot and it has quite the story to go with it. I'll give you the brief summed up version. On the opening day of the hunt we woke up super early and drove the canyon(s) and didn't see anything but does and fawns. (which was a bummer because the city girl that I am I have never seen a buck!) When we stopped to eat me and Joey went hiking through the forest to find a buck!! Although we were very sneaky we didn't see any buck just the usual does and fawns. At the end of first day, nothing. Joey hunted the next few days with his dad all day everyday! Then on saturday I was able to go with him and I woke up and had to help watch the kids. So Joey took off with his dad, brother Jason, and grandpa. Well a little while later I got a phone call and Joey had shot a big one, but they were going to let it lay down and go back later to get it. Later arrived and Joey and Jason couldn't find the deer, so I got to go and search through thick brush and tromp through a river to help find the buck. We found a blood trail and where he had laid down, but unfourtunately no buck. I was rather disappointed cause that ment the hunting still had to continue. Joey continued to go to his parents house everyday to continue hunting (I have night classes so I wasn't able to go.) The last day of the hunt finally arrived and Joey and Vallyn (his dad) took off hunting. Well right before dark I got a text from Joey saying "I shot a big one Lara, in the same field. But it's too dark and we can't find him." After class I called my heartbroken husband and he told me that the next morning Vallyn was going to go look for it. As you can see the buck was found and Vallyn texted Joey and told him he found the deer. I got a text from a super happy Joey and left class so we could go gut and cut up the deer! Come to find out later, it was the same buck he shot the saturday before! Lets just say he got lucky!! As I said earlier hunting wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it sure is nice to have my husband back! Even though he takes pride and joy in Fred (the buck) taking him everywhere with us to show him off, I'm sure proud of him for shooting such a big buck-- the biggest i've ever seen--
I bet you've never seen such a prissy hunter before-- well it was the day of Joey's mission reunion and I took time to get ready, only to put on camo and help cut up a deer.... man I'm such a good wife!!!
This is the picture Vallyn sent Joey in class and Joey shouted out WAHOO!!!! Then left!
Look at the smile
on his face!!!
Ready for the wall-- 21 wide and about 20 tall
Joey holdin up the buck.

Vallyn and Joey-- THE MASTER HUNTERS :)
4 comments:
wow u two look reat together! hey here are some gifts you could give each other! i have some good electronics such as the apple macbook and some electric keyboards! like SNL? get it from me! also get a lemon chicken dinner! buy it here! ->http://logicstudio8.blogspot.com/
Thats the Bernard Boys for you!!!! How awesome that he got one!!! Did he ever tell you the story on when he called me only to use my blazer to put a deer in the back of it? LOL. If not then have him tell you. He is way crazy about hunting!!!
ha ha!! ew. lara. ew.
Thanks for the update!! Your pictures turned out great (wedding and deer hunt)! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment