Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

11.10.2009

The New Job...



Well I started my new job on Oct. 19. I had a week of training, had to take and pass a test with 89% or higher (I got 98%) , and now i'm off working on my own. I work for a company called Sorenson Communications. Its a relay service for the deaf or heard of hearing! To give you an idea as to what I do all day and how the process works... Pretty much what happens if the Deaf/Hard of hearing person uses the computer/Phone and calls into SIPRelay (my work) giving us the phone number of the person, or place they are trying to reach. We dial the number and relay everything they type/text to the hearing user, then type everything to the deaf user that the hearing user says. We have to do everything Verbatim, which mean word for word. So if they swear, I have to swear... Everything is also very confidential, we have access the these peoples bank accounts, social security numbers, and all sort of different information. So if the deaf user was to call and tell a hearing user that they had killed someone and buried the body in such and such a place, I couldn't tell anyone anything from that call!!! and I'm working for the Government!!! At first I was a little overwhelmed and stressed that I wasn't going to remember all the call proccesses, or what do to if different situations came up, but as of right now I can honestly say that I love my job! Its great pay and right now i'm only schduled to work 15 hours a week but I can pick 29 hours up a week (being part time and all). But the best part is I'm helping people everyday!! :)

4 comments:

Ash Att said...

thats great Lara!! good to hear things are going well for you :)

Kem said...

Congrats on the job!!!! I am sure you will have lots and lots of funny stories that you can never ever tell anyone but enjoy the laugh all the same.

crooks.blogspot.com said...

That sounds like a great job! So glad you found it and that you enjoy it! (that's the most important part)

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

wow that sounds like a cool job. and a little wierd if someone killed someone you cant say anything, i wouldnt now what to do. im sure you will never come across that though