Kaylee Ann Bernard
January 20, 2013
7lb 4oz 20" long
Well it's been sooo long, but it's time for me to update the blog and officially introduce the newest member to the Bernard family. Kaylee was born on January 20th and this is her story.
I was still working and getting close to my due date, Colds had been going around the office and the Thrusday before I was due I finally got it. I'd avoided it all winter long, and then BAM it hit me over night. I ended up leaving work early on Friday(the 18th) because I was not feeling well. I had a hard time breathing and I was coughing and it was miserable! I had been having some braxton hicks contractions on and off for a couple of weeks, but Friday they really increased. Come Saturday (Jan 19) they were really consistant and I didn't want to get out of bed cause I was so miserable! I ended up getting up and putting together Brooklyn's over night bag, and finished throwing stuff in the hospital bag. Around 6 the contractions started getting closer and closer together, I started timing them and noticed they were very consistant and getting closer together and lasting longer. (I had Strep B so I the ideal situation was to be in labor at the hospital hooked to antibotics for at least 4 hours.) We finally left for the hospital at about 8, We dropped Brooklyn off at Grandma and Grandpas and headed to the hosptial. I remember getting there and walking to the materinty unit and saying, "I'm in labor, we are going to have this baby tonight." The nurse just kinda looked at me, and went through the well, let's check you out and see if your really in labor, and blah blah blah. Well I found out later that she went out to the other nurses and said, well she is staying and definatily having a baby tonight.
The labor pains weren't near as uncomfortable as it was when I had Brooklyn, probably cause I got started with her... but I was still uncomfortable. By the time we got all hooked up and actaully got the antibiotics started it was probably 9:30, 9:45. When we got to the hospital I was a 6 alreadyI labored through the first drip of antibiotics. around 11:15 my water broke. With Brooklyn 20 minutes later we had her, so I was expecting the same results or close to, but part of my cervix still hadn't thined so they were waiting to see if it would, but I knew it was time to push. they had me do a practice push to see if Kaylee could clear the cervix that was still there, and sure enough she could, I had to stop and the nurse rushed out to get the Dr. about 2 pushes later, and we had baby Kaylee at 12:03 AM January 20th. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20" long. They took her and got her cleaned up and then we got to have her. It was perfect! I tore a little, and had to get stiched up, since I didn't have an epidural that part hurt the worse!
The whole time I was laboring, I luckily didn't cough! But I could hardly talk to any of the nurses and I was so worried that I was going to get my new baby sick, and she'd end up with RSV and I was just stressed about that whole situtation! The nurses kept reasurring me that since I was breast feeding that she would get my antibodies and would be fine. (Luckily that was the case). Unfortunately, Brookie didn't get so lucky. Monday, she was sick. coughing and miserable! Since I didn't get the full 2 doses of Antibiotics we had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours for them to watch Kaylee. She ended up being fine and we got to come home Tuesday afternoon. It was honestly the roughest week ever going home, being sick still, having Brooklyn sick and clingy, and having a new baby! Tuesday night was fine, Wednesday wasn't any worse than Tuesday. Thursday night however was a different story... I don't think any of us slept a wink. Brookie was so miserable, she ended up in bed with us, and was awake most the night, when I'd finally get her to sleep KK would wake up to eat, and they just went back and forth most of the night. I was still coughing lots and my bleeding would let up and then come back heavy and I just wanted to be all better all around! At that point I didn't think we were going to make it!
But we made it and it was all worth it! We are now a family of four and it's so awesome! I love watching my babies learn and grow and interact with each other, and watching Joey with them just melts my heart! He is such a good daddy, and a good husband, he took care of all us sickies and helped me remain positive even when my emotional self just wanted to sit and cry!! Here are a bunch of pictures from the hospital and the first time Brooklyn met her! So in love with my little Family!!
The whole time I was laboring, I luckily didn't cough! But I could hardly talk to any of the nurses and I was so worried that I was going to get my new baby sick, and she'd end up with RSV and I was just stressed about that whole situtation! The nurses kept reasurring me that since I was breast feeding that she would get my antibodies and would be fine. (Luckily that was the case). Unfortunately, Brookie didn't get so lucky. Monday, she was sick. coughing and miserable! Since I didn't get the full 2 doses of Antibiotics we had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours for them to watch Kaylee. She ended up being fine and we got to come home Tuesday afternoon. It was honestly the roughest week ever going home, being sick still, having Brooklyn sick and clingy, and having a new baby! Tuesday night was fine, Wednesday wasn't any worse than Tuesday. Thursday night however was a different story... I don't think any of us slept a wink. Brookie was so miserable, she ended up in bed with us, and was awake most the night, when I'd finally get her to sleep KK would wake up to eat, and they just went back and forth most of the night. I was still coughing lots and my bleeding would let up and then come back heavy and I just wanted to be all better all around! At that point I didn't think we were going to make it!
But we made it and it was all worth it! We are now a family of four and it's so awesome! I love watching my babies learn and grow and interact with each other, and watching Joey with them just melts my heart! He is such a good daddy, and a good husband, he took care of all us sickies and helped me remain positive even when my emotional self just wanted to sit and cry!! Here are a bunch of pictures from the hospital and the first time Brooklyn met her! So in love with my little Family!!



No comments:
Post a Comment