Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

6.26.2008

We're finally ENGAGED!!!!


Well This last weekend I had the opportunity to go visit Joey in Texas. He has been working there for the last 2 months and will be there for 2 more. But while I was there Joey had set up a game for me, more like a scavenger hunt type thing. So I had to go to the different apartments of the guys he works with and complete an activity and answer a question. After I completed the activity I got a word and a rose, and all the words together made up a sentence that I was trying to figure out. So after shoving my face into a chocolate pie with about an inch of whip cream on it, Popping hellium filled balloons without using my hands, digging through a bowl of toritia chips with my mouth, and shaving whip cream off balloons using only my mouth. Not only that but skipping, hopping on one foot, and singing to get to the apartments I was finally blind folded and led back to Joeys apartment. (No worries, Its all recorded and well documented, Thanks to his dad! LOL) Once I arrived at Joeys apartment, I followed a path of kisses that led to the balcony. On the balcony there was a present and a rose. I opened the present which got smaller and smaller until there was a ring box. In the ring box was the full sentence that I had gotten words to. The sentence was You've first gotta say Yes!! So I said yes and Joey came out from hiding and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I said yes, and he pulled out a RING POP-- then he said, I really want to ask your parents in person so I can't ask you today, sorry. But atleast you got to do something and you got flowers. So I was a lot disappointed! But I figured that it would happen when it was supposed to!! So I showered and got cleaned up because I was so gross and sticky!! After I got cleaned up Joey took me to the Houston Temple because thats what I told him I wanted to do on Sunday cause i'd never been there before! So we arrived ay the temple and Joey was kinda acting funny and I didn't think much of it, It was more of a what is his deal! He was super shaky and when I was hugging him at the temple I noticed his heart was racing! We went over to the side of the temple and there was roses and a monkey (cause i'm his little monkey!!) and He took me over to them and said Lara I'm really going to ask you to marry me this time. He got down on one knee and I just kept saying are you serious?? He would say yes and then he asked me to marry him and opened the ring box to the most beautiful ring!! I said YES!!! and on September 19th I will marry the love of my life!!!!! I'm so glad I met Joey and I know my life will never be the same!! I Love You Joey!!!!! I can't wait to be your forever and always!!!




1 comment:

Mel Bernard said...

ok missy you need to update this every once in awhile (ha ha) come on over I'd love to "blog" with you